Shopping Center Fire
Local coffee house in Denton, TX on the Denton Square was affected by a neighboring business that shares adjoining walls.
Fire preparedness, although necessary, won't always prevent a fire. Have you, a business owner, thought about what would happen if your Denton County business was damaged by fire or water but indirectly? What if a neighboring business, maybe in the same strip mall or shopping center, caught on fire? Your business may never be affected by fire but smoke damage can put you temporarily out of business. Smoke damage and the lingering smell it leaves, can be treated. Call SERVPRO of Denton if you have any smoke damage.
Making your Office a Comfortable Work Environment.
If you have a busy office, you may notice that over time, the carpets become dirty and stained. When this happens you can call SERVPRO of Denton and we can clean your carpets and upholstery, making it like new.
What about the areas you don't see? It's easy to determine that your carpets and upholstery need to be cleaned; you see these things everyday. What about your air ducts and HVAC system? Maybe because you cannot see the dirt and dust, it's not often thought about.
Air duct and cleaning of your HVAC system can possibly, extend the life span of your system. By cleaning your system, you help eliminate the amount of dust and mold circulating throughout your building and provide cleaner and better smelling air. Mold can cause negative health affects but with preventive maintenance and cleaning, you can help control this!
SERVPRO of Denton Smoke and Soot Cleanup
This home smelled heavily of smoke and the contents of the home were taken back to SERVPRO of Denton to start cleaning.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Denton will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 940-566-2277
What Kids Need to Know about Fire Safety
SERVPRO of Denton knows that community involvement is the best way to help with fire awareness.
The team at SERVPRO of Denton visited a local school to help teach the students and staff about the dangers of a fire, safety tips and what to do after a fire.
- Create a safety plan with your child and make a meeting point.
- Act out and practice what to do in a fire.
- Update your plan regularly with exits and updated contact numbers.
Having a plan, could save your life. You won't know when or if a fire will start but you can make sure your home and family are prepared in case this happens. If you need additional help call SERVPRO of Denton at 940-566-2277 and we can happily, point you in the direction of additional fire safety resources!
Does your Denton Home Have a Mold Problem?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 940-566-2277
Denton, Argyle, Sanger Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Denton for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Denton specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 940-566-2277
Dealing with Insurance Companies After a Storm
SERVPRO of Denton works with your insurance company to help you get your home repaired and restored as quickly as possible. We can speak with your agent and adjuster, directly, helping the process be as smooth and effective as possible. Before the insurance company arrives though, there are steps to take to help yourself and the process.
- After a storm, several homes are making claims so if you are unable to get a hold of your insurance; try calling, emailing and submitting a claim online.
- Document damage to your home before clean up with photos or video, and compile a written list of damaged items.
- Read your homeowner insurance policy thoroughly to see what is and isn’t covered
- Call SERVPRO of Denton at 940-566-2277
SERVPRO of Denton is here to help you!
The Clock is Ticking with Water Damage!
A busted pipe, toilet overflow and a hot water leak are just a few examples of water damage that can happen in your home. When this happens, you must act fast!
Did you know, it only takes 24-48 hours before mold starts to form? This means, you have to act fast to get the water removed from your home!
- If you know the location of the water source and it can be turned off, do this first!
- Call your insurance to submit a claim
- Call SERVPRO of Denton for your water damage needs at 940-566-2277
Because SERVPRO of Denton works 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; we can make sure we get to you before it's too late and becomes a bigger problem. Acting fast can save you time and money!
Picking the Right Restoration Company!
When it comes to your home, you only want qualified businesses and technicians, to handle your disasters.
The key to picking a qualified water restoration company, for your water damage is to make sure they are licensed and insured. SERVPRO of Denton is licensed, insured and our technicians have the training to properly do the job!
Piking a company that is local, is helpful when you need someone to respond immediately. Choosing a company too far away allows the water to potential cause more damage and more damage, means more money. SERVPRO of Denton is local to Denton and surrounding areas and we will respond 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
When choosing the right water restoring company near you, select a company that works with and accepts insurance. SERVPRO of Denton has an office fully staffed with trained personnel to help guide you through the insurance process.
Always choose a reputable company, as the saying goes you get what you pay for! SERVPRO of Denton has the testimonies to back up the work we do!
Are you ready for a Disaster?
Disaster can strike at any moment so being prepared is very important. Are you ready for a Disaster? Below are a few tips on how you can prepare for a disaster:
- A gallon of water per person per day.
- Supply of non-perishable packaged or canned food and a manual can opener.
- Change of clothing, rain gear and sturdy shoes.
- Blanket or sleeping bags.
- First aid kit and prescription medications.
- Battery-powered radio, flashlight and plenty of extra batteries.
- Credit cards, cash and an extra set of car keys.
- List of family physicians.
- Special items for infants, elderly or disabled family members
In an event of a disaster call SERVPRO of Dentonat 940-566-2277. Our SERVPRO team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!