Vacation Planning? Prepare You Home!
If you are planning a vacation this summer here's some tips for you to keep your home safe and damage free.
Make Arrangements with Emergency Contact
- Close friend or neighbor
- Provide emergency contacts
- Turn on porch lights or garage lights
- Collect mail or flyers: burglars look for homes with overflowing mail, flyers, or newspapers
- Leave written information on alarm codes
Take Plumbing and Electric Precautions
- Shut off gas and water at the meter, supply tank or appliances
- Turn off the water valves to washing machines, sinks, and the dishwasher
- Unplug electronics to cut down on any possible shortages
- Check your smoke detectors to ensure they are working properly
- Adjust your thermostat to 75-80 degrees.
Following these tips will help your home to stay safe while you are away.