Prevent Grilling Fires This Summer
With summer on the horizon, we know that most people gravitate towards their gas and charcoal grills, but safety is important for not only the person grilling but also for the structure around the open flame. This is because grills, hibachis or barbecues were involved in an average of 10,600 home fires per year between 2014-2018, according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
SERVPRO of Denton wants to offer these tips to you for a safe grilling season.
- Only use your grill outside and keep it 3-feet away from any structure.
- Keep a 3-feet safe zone, which keeps kids and pets safe.
- Make sure your gas grill is open before lighting it.
- Always keep an eye on lit grills, fire pits or torches.
- Clean your grill after each use.
- Place coals in a metal bin with a lid once they are cool.
We wish you a safe and happy grilling season!