Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Damage Tips from SERVPRO of Denton Texas
Water damage can wreck havoc on your property and your personal belongings. At SERVPRO of Denton we are available 24/7 to mitigate the damage and restore your items and structure. The biggest tip that we can give to you is to always call our professionals as quickly as you are able to. That way our team members can come to examine the extent of damage as well as use our professional training and experience to begin the restoration process. We have many steps which you can read about here in our water damage restoration process.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (940) 566-2277
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.